1. Sleep in one last time, check.
2. Watch a favorite T.V. show together, check.
3. Take that bike ride you talked about for the past few months, check.
4. Organize backpacks and supplies, check.
5. Return books and videos to the library (otherwise I’ll forget and build up fees), check.
6. Look in their eyes long and hard, check.
7. Talk about the summer and all we did, check.
8. Sort through at all those pictures, check.
9. Plan the clothes and food for tomorrow, check.
10. Give solid and squishy hugs off and on all day, check……
No regrets, no take backs or do overs. This summer’s a wrap.
My choice today:
Wrap up this summer with God’s blessing, and pray for the teachers and this next school year.